After the holiday period it is time to eat some lighter food ;-). Of course as it is still winter here in Europe, just a cold salad is not what we have in mind. But if it gets served with some warm ingredients, I think most of us can make an exception. This salad can serve as a starter or as lunch.
A salad with grilled pear and prosciutto
8 slices of prosciutto
mesclun salad (or any other salad you prefer)
24 cherry tomatoes
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar per serving
1. peel the pears and cut them in 4 parts
2. divide the slices of prosciutto into 2 and wrap each part of the pear in half a slice of prosciutto
3. grill the wrapped pears in a pan or on the barbeque during 5 minutes
4. at the same time grill the sliced almonds in a frying pan (without butter or oil) till golden brown and crispy
5. wash the salad and place them on 4 plates with the sliced cherry tomatoes
6. once the wrapped pears seem slightly grilled, take them out of the pan, place them on the salad and top it off with some grilled almond slices. Sprinkle each plate with some balsamic vinegar.By grilling, the salt coming out of the prosciutto will cause a nice balance with the sweetness of the pear. Serve with some fresh bread. Enjoy!